PROJECT: Mountsberg Creek Restoration Project
CLIENT: City of Hamilton (Carlisle) and Conservation Halton
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
- Water’s Edge was engaged by Conservation Halton to undertake the restoration design for Mountsberg Creek in Courtcliffe Park (City of Hamilton).
- This work built upon previous work done by Water’s Edge on Bronte Creek within Courtcliffe Park for Trout Unlimited and Conservation Halton.
- Water’s Edge staff engineered detailed design plans to propose the historic Mountsberg channel be rehabilitated to accept permanent flows and to abandon the channel constructed by the previous landowner.
- An investigation of existing stream conditions was completed to confirm that the original channel was still up to the task of handling any increases.
- The design improved habitat and flow conveyance, alleviated stagnant areas, and promotes natural fish passage.
- Water’s Edge was also engaged for tendering, and construction inspection and guidance.
SERVICES PROVIDED: Rehabilitation Design, Surveying, Hydrology & Hydraulics, CAD,
Fluvial Geomorphology, Tendering, Construction Inspection
DATE OF PROJECT: February 2017